Here we go again!
Fall is in the air along with Pumpkin spice and everything nice (or not nice!)! I think little miss Mila says it best! I am still laughing out loud! Whether you are on the fan train or not, this time of year always gets me thinking about that comforting smell of my favorite candle (not the ones that give me a headache!!!)
Before you get that fall favorite burning, freshen up on these candle burning safety tips!
- Remove all packaging before lighting.
- Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and absolutely keep out of reach of children and pets. Use holders designed for the particular candle style.
- Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/8 inches at all times.
- If smoking occurs, blow the candle out. Trim wick(s), remove trimmings and light again.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material. Keep the wick centered.
- Avoid burning candles in drafts.
- Never leave burning candles unattended. Keep them within sight at ALL times.
- Keep all matches and lighters out of the reach of children.
- Teach everyone in the family the rules of safe candle use.
Burn safely my fellow fall loving Minnesotan’s! If you or anyone you know is in need of a water, smoke or fire damage specialist, 24Restore is just a phone call away and ALWAYS available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!