Summer Is In Full Swing Minneapolis, Are You ready?
Primetime summer is upon us, which means hot weather and also unfortunately storms. Heat is still the #1 weather-related killer in the U.S. On average 130 people die each year, and countless more are hospitalized as a result of it.
Always remember these simple tips to survive the heat:
- DRINK WATER, even if you don’t feel thirsty. Take a bottle with you ALWAYS!
- HOT cars kill. NEVER leave kids, older people or pets in a vehicle. The temperature inside a parked car can double within minutes.
- KEEP COOL. Seek out air-conditioned buildings, draw your blinds, use a fan, take cool showers and dress in light and loose clothing made from natural fabrics.
- PLAN AHEAD. Schedule activities in the coolest part of the day and avoid exercising in the heat. If you must go out, wear a hat and sunscreen and take a bottle of water with you. Whenever possible beat the heat by planning activities in or on water …don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Check-in on others. Look after those most at risk in the heat. Maybe it’s your neighbor living alone, the elderly, the young, people with a medical condition and don’t forget your pets.
Even in the heat, always SERVE OTHERS!
Check out storm and wind damage tips in one of my recent blogs here.
~ the people ~ the equipment ~ the expertise ~